Breathing fresh and healthy air has never been more important. According to the EPA, Americans, on average, spend approximately 90 percent of their time indoors. So why not make sure we are breathing the healthiest air possible?
Using new and improved technology like air purifiers, filters, and ventilation systems, you are now able to clean the air inside your home more effectively than ever.
Make Your Home Healthier
Breathing cleaner air in your New Jersey home is important. These products actively clean the air, reducing viruses, allergens, bacteria, odors, and more…
REME HALO® Whole Home In-Duct Air Purifier
The REME HALO® is installed directly into your HVAC system, and sends active cleaning particles into the air that attack viruses, allergens, bacteria, mold, odors, and dust particles.
Aprilaire Ventilation Control System
Indoor Air Quality Products From Broadley’s
These products will keep the air inside your home cleaner and far healthier to breathe. Whether you have people with breathing issues or chronic sickness, or you simply want a safer and healthier home, these will all help.
Aprilaire High-Efficiency Air Filter
Most air filters are flimsy and do the bare minimum. These high-efficiency filters are made of specialized material that catches sIndmaller particles as the pass through, keeping your air cleaner.
Aprilaire humidifiers and dehumidifiers can keep your home more comfortable all year long. Humidity plays a major role in how comfortable you feel, as well as keeping you healthier. Low humidity causes skin dryness and illness, while high humidity makes it FAR warmer and uncomfortable.
Learn About The Technology
REME HALO Whole Home Air Purification System for Ducted Homes
The REME HALO® in-duct air purifier utilizes RGF’s proprietary Reflective Electro Magnetic Energy technology. Installed into the supply plenum of your existing air conditioning or heating system air ducts, the REME HALO® in-duct air purifier produces Hydro-Peroxide plasma that is distributed through the air handler, through the duct system and into the conditioned living space. Unlike passive air technologies, which need pollutants to pass through the unit for purification or filtration, the REME HALO® in-duct air purifier sweeps through your home actively purifying pollutants at the source. In addition, the charged plasma induces particles to coagulate or stick together making them bigger and easier for your filter to catch. Hydroperoxides occur naturally in the earth’s atmosphere and are part of nature’s process of cleaning the air.
REME HALO features:
- Dual ionizers to reduce airborne particulates (dust, dander, pollen, mold spores)
- Kills up to 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses
- REME® reduces sneeze germs by 99% in the time a sneeze can reach three feet.
- New zinc ions kill 99% of viruses on surface
- Unlike portable units that are limited to the room in which they are placed, the REME HALO® provides whole home and building purification.
- Easily integrated with your existing HVAC system. The unit doesn’t take away living space and operates silently.
- Two (2) quick release features for easy, no tool, cell replacement
- Incorporates an adjustable shroud around the REME® cell, which allows customization of the advanced oxidation plasma output.
Aprilaire Air 1610 High-Efficiency Media Air Cleaner 4” Media Filter & Cabinet - Model 1610
Every system has an air filter, but they aren’t usually anything special. It’s a small piece of material that catches particles as they pass through your system. This upgraded air filter is designed differently. It is made of specialized materials that focus on smaller, tougher particles normal air filters can’t capture.
Model 1610 features:
- Protects your HVAC system and offers superior filtration performance to 1” filters
- 16”x25” nominal size
- Painted steel cabinet
- Features a built-in, reversible angled cabinet extension for easy installation.
- Comes with 410 Clean Air Filter, which has more than 9 times the filtration area found in 1″ filters
- Guaranteed with our Pure Fit Promise: Self Seal™ technology, interlocking rails, and Clean Coil Commitment
- Easy to maintain — simply change the Air Purifier’s filter once up to every 12 months
- Compatible with the 413 Healthy Home Filters, 413CBN Odor Reduction Filter, and 416 Allergy & Asthma Filter
Aprilaire Ventilation Control System – Model 8126X
The Aprilaire Model 8126X Ventilation Control System is a whole-home ventilation system that helps you control the air freshness in every room of your home. It expels stale, stagnant air and replaces it with fresh, clean air. This greatly reduces moisture problems, odors and indoor pollutants, such as radon and VOCs. It also helps your home feel fresh and clean!
- It allows you to manage the quality of your home’s air year-round, with little effort.
- Continuously monitors outdoor temperature and indoor humidity to make sure the air coming in isn’t too hot, too cold or too humid.
- It provides fresh air only when needed.
- Never allows air that’s too hot, too cold, or too humid
- Provides an energy-efficient way to fresh air in your home
- Will not ventilate if the outdoor air will raise indoor relative humidity above 55%
- Designed with very few components to deliver improved performance and reliability.
- It requires minimal maintenance.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
Whole Home Dehumidifier
Humidity is one of the worst parts about the summer heat. Humidity is the amount of moisture in the air, and when there is too much, it can raise the temperature, while giving you a muggy, sticky feeling.
Dehumidifiers also make your home healthier. When there is excess moisture, it can cause mold and mildew to grow. Allergens also tend to live easily in higher humidity levels, making it more difficult to breathe.
Aprilaire whole-home dehumidifiers can be installed directly into your HVAC system, and don’t have an annoying water tray you need to empty every so often. They also allow our AC system to work a little easier, as it doesn’t have to compensate for bringing down the humidity. This is a “set it and forget it” solution!
Whole Home Humidifier
When people think about humidity, they usually think about how uncomfortable it is in the summer. What they don’t realize is how important it is in the winter as well!
When humidity is too low, it can cause a series of different problems…
- Dry and cracked skin
- Increased illness, as bacteria and viruses travel easier in low humidity
- More frequent nose bleeds
- Warping wood and furniture
When you don’t have enough moisture in the air, a lot of different aspects of your health can suffer, while also doing damage to your home!
A whole-home humidifier plugs directly into your HVAC system, making sure that the humidity levels are regulated, and your home doesn’t become a dry, stale place. A humidifier can also take some of the work off of your heating system. When you add humidity, it makes it easier to distribute and sustain warm air, helping your home stay comfy and your HVAC system works less!
HALO-LED™ Whole-Home Air Purifier for Ducted HVAC Systems
HALO-LED™ Whole-Home Air Purifier for Ducted HVAC Systems
The HALO-LED™ is the industry’s first LED in-duct, whole-home and commercial building air purification system that is both mercury-free and zero ozone compliant. The HALO-LED™ proactively treats every cubic inch of air-conditioned space, reducing airborne and surface contaminants and pollutants through bi-polar ionization and revolutionary, patent-pending, REME-LED™ technology.
• Mercury and Ozone Free
• Eliminates VOCs 2x faster than the previous REME models
• Reduces airborne and surface microbials, bacteria, viruses, and mold
• Reduction of smoke, odors, VOCs, allergens, dust, and particulate
• Long-life replaceable LED cell module with 2.5x longer life than current mercury vapor UV lamp technologies
• Industry’s first washable catalyst for high load environments (ie. cigar bars, smoking rooms)
• Seven-year limited warranty
Ductless System Air Purifiers From RGF
If you don’t have a traditional system with ducts and vents, RGF has a few air purification options for your system. Ductless heating and air conditioning is very popular, and there are ways to use these systems to help clean the air in your home…
RGF Clear Sky MS
The RGF Clear Sky System is a continuous self cleaning ion generator system produces bi-polar ions that clean the space in a home or commercial space. This technology reduces particulate, allergens, smoke, bacteria, viruses and mold spores.
RGF Mini Split PHI-Air Purification System
This system easily installs onto your ductless unit, and eliminates sick building syndrome risks by reducing odors, air pollutants, VOCs (chemical odors), smoke, mold bacteria and viruses. This system uses Photohydroionization® to keep the air in your home or business clean.
Correcting IAQ Problems
We wanted to address a few IAQ topics that we hear a lot about, and you may want to learn more of…
What Are MERV Ratings?
When it comes to air filters, the MERV rating is an important factor. It’s essentially the efficiency rating of your air filters, and how well they will work.
According to the EPA, Minimum Efficiency Reporting Values (MERVs), report a filter’s ability to capture larger particles between 0.3 and 10 microns (µm).
This value is helpful in comparing the performance of different filters
The rating is derived from a test method developed by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) [see www.ashrae.org].
The ratings go from 1 to 16, and as the rating goes up, the more particles the filter can catch. This is important to keep in mind when you are deciding on what kind of filter you want for your home.
UV Technology and Ionization
2 of the technologies used in these products are UV lights and ionization. We want to tell you a little bit of how they work…
UV lights have been tested and studies show they can be extremely effective. People often use them to clean surfaces like computers, phone screens, and even toothbrushes. The biggest drawback is that if the light doesn’t touch the surface, it won’t clean the surrounding area. So unless you have your whole room under a UV light, every surface won’t be clean.
Now some UV lights are installed inside your HVAC system, and this will clean the coil, and help reduce the bacteria, allergens, and airborne irritants that pass through, but it still won’t actively clean the rest of your home. If some of the particles get by the UV light, there is nothing else in your home to prevent them from flowing throughout the air.
Ionization is a form of active air purification. Through the releasing positive/negative charged ions into air stream, particles such as dust, dander, & pollen to clump together, creating larger particles & increasing filtration efficiency. This is how the REME HALO® functions, through releasing Hydro-Peroxide plasma that is distributed through the air. This not only actively cleans the air, but also clumps these airborne irritants together and makes them much easier to filter.
Photo Catalytic Oxidization (PCO)
Passively treats all air in the duct system. In order for PCO tech to work, contaminants must pass directly over the PCO device surface. They release friendly oxidation which can also kill viruses as they pass through the air stream/filter.
Photo Hydro Ionization (PHI)
Proactively Treats All of the Air in the Space. Broad spectrum light reacts with metals particles (titanium dioxide) in airstream, creating hydro peroxides.