Ductless systems, also known as ductless heat pumps or ductless mini splits, are becoming the heating and cooling choice for many of your Ocean City area neighbors. With their versatility and high efficiency, they are perfect for your second, rental, or year-round home. These heating and cooling powerhouses sometimes offer options and efficiencies that other more traditional heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems don’t possess.
At Broadley's Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, our professionals are installing, replacing, repairing, and maintaining more of these innovative systems than ever.
How Are Ductless Systems Different?
These compact heating and cooling systems are very different from their more traditional HVAC cousins. As important as your Jersey Shore home’s air ducts or ductwork is to a typical heating and cooling system, the opposite is true of a ductless system, as it is completely ductless
Ductless systems don’t rely on ductwork to distribute the warm or cool air throughout your home. These popular systems only consist of three components—an indoor unit, an outdoor unit, and small conduit connecting the two units—making them very flexible in installation. They can be installed most anywhere in your home, mounting on a wall or ceiling.
Because of their size and flexibility, ductless systems can work as zone control systems in your New Jersey home. This means they are responsible for only heating and cooling a zone or smaller area of your home. One indoor unit does not heat and cool your entire home, unless your home’s square footage is small.
Our Broadley’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning team have installed multiple ductless systems throughout entire homes as well as only in garages, additions, finished basements, rooms that don’t seem to heat and cool well like the rest of the home, and rooms not used much.
Energy savings are abound since these systems are only used as needed, instead of wasting energy and money by continually heating and cooling your entire Marmora home with one system.
Why Are Ductless Systems So Popular?
Ductless systems are gaining in popularity on the shore because of their many benefits:
- Cost savings. Though the initial cost for several indoor units of a ductless system may be higher than for one forced-air system, these systems run more efficiently, thereby saving you money overall.
- Flexibility. Larger, more traditional systems have less flexibility where they can be installed. Ductless systems have no air ducts, allowing our team to install them most anywhere in your home. You also have the flexibility of customizing temperature control on an on-demand basis, offering optimum comfort.
- Improved indoor air quality (IAQ). Due to the lack of ductwork, your home’s indoor air quality improves. Without all those ducts collecting allergens, dust, particles, mold, bacteria, and other contaminants, your resulting higher indoor air quality promotes a healthier indoor environment.
- Ease of installation. With a ductless system, since there are only an indoor and outdoor unit with the conduit, it is a simple process to install. Even when our team is installing several indoor units, all sharing the same outdoor unit, it’s still a less-complicated process.
Ductless System Installation and Replacement
Whether you are looking to replace your current ductless system or install a new one in your New Jersey home, you can trust our heating and cooling experts to perform the job right. We will design the best system for your needs, whether it is one unit or several to create a zone control system.
We know purchasing a ductless system is an investment, so we offer free in-home consultation, low or zero-interest financing, and 10 to 20-year warranties to help. If this is a consideration for you,
Ductless System Repairs
If your ductless system needs a repair due to it not working properly or making a strange noise, call our Broadley’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning repair experts immediately. We will promptly diagnose and repair your system, returning the comfort you expect to your Marmora home.
And we will never make a repair without discussing it with you beforehand. We want to keep you educated every step of the way.
If you require emergency service, you can trust we are here for you. We offer 24/7 emergency service to keep you safe and comfortable.
Ductless System Maintenance
A ductless system requires regular professional preventative maintenance like all HVAC systems. When our maintenance team inspects, cleans, and tunes up your mini split, we can help it operate at its high efficiency by running at peak performance, saving you energy costs.
This also prevents unexpected costly repairs and keeps your manufacturer warranty in compliance. Talk to us about our Broadley’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning service plan, which has options for every need and budget. Let us worry about your ductless maintenance while you enjoy your Marmora home.
Ductless System Deep Cleaning
We want to make sure your system is clean and pumping out comfortable, healthy air in your home. Over time, ductless HVAC systems build up dirt, bacteria, dust, allergens, and other pollutants deep inside, where you can’t reach.
Broadley’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is proud to announce a new cleaning service for ductless systems, using a safe chemical deep cleaning technology to remove all contaminates from your indoor heat pump, including the coil and blower motor.
Even with regular filter cleaning and annual maintenance, a deep cleaning is recommended every two to three years.
What Are Ductless System Deep Cleaning Benefits?
A ductless system deep cleaning is much more than a typical maintenance cleaning. When our ductless professionals perform this deep cleaning, you’ll notice it:
- Removes dirt, dust, and mold. The system needs a thorough cleaning every now and then to remove dirt, dust, mold, and bacteria from the system. Even if you clean the filters regularly, as you should, contaminants can still build up in the coil, the blower motor, and other hard-to-reach parts of the ductless system.
- Improves system health. Keeping your ductless system healthy and clean will improve its life span and keep it in tip-top shape. The longer you go without a deep cleaning, the more likely you are to run into problems down the road. Dirt and grime will cause your unit to work harder, thus reducing the system efficiency.
- Provides cleaner, healthier air. These systems pump the air you breathe into your home or business. If you have dirt, mold, or other contaminants in them, the air is going to carry it throughout the space. This deep cleaning will improve your indoor air quality, to be sure the air from your system is clean and healthy.
Call Our Ductless System Experts Today
At Broadley’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we are experts at installing, replacing, repairing, and maintaining ductless systems here in the Marmora, NJ, area. More and more homes on the shore are utilizing the efficiency and comfort of a ductless system in their homes. Call us today at 609-390-3907 or request service online if your current ductless needs repair or maintenance, or if you would like to discuss the options for a new one in your Jersey Shore home.